Thursday, January 3, 2013

Arissa's first day at school today.

Arissa starts her standard 1 at Sek Keb Seri Iskandar today. Well, I can say that she survived her first day and it didn't surprised me at all. She is already used to it and furthermore, from what I have heard, her two best friends were there: Syira and Atikah.

The day before, I went to the school to register her, collected her textbooks and bought her some school stationaries. I also had the opportunity to listen to the briefing by the headmaster about school stuffs. So, I got to know more or less about KSSR curriculum, the role of PIBG, and many others policies in abbreviations that sounds weird. One thing that I am interested with is the fact the SKSI is the only school that offers mandarin class. I really hope that Arissa can join this class. Another option is Arabic but you can get Arabic classes everywhere.

The school also has a blog http://sksiaba8251.blogspot.com/

So, what can I say about Arissa first day at school. To begin with, I was not there :-)) but I have the feeling that she is going to be alright. Furthermore, it happens that Mama was also a teacher (also on her first day at school!). Secondly, I feel that Arissa is an independent girl. She is independent enough to be all on her own and I trust the teachers (I mean we should, right). The headmaster said during the briefing, once you dropped your kids at school, just leave them there. I thought of the same thing. Let them explore and let them experience that moment. I want my kids to be tough despite being girls.



Above all, I think Arissa is going to be okay. Study hard Arissa. You are 7 years old this year. Show examples to your other sisters.

No comments: